Are you are thinking of starting a nonprofit organization?  Do you lead a small nonprofit and are considering applying for 501(c)(3) tax exempt status?

Perhaps you have questions and need some advice from an expert in helping small  and new nonprofits get established.



  • 501(c)(3) tax exempt application: Filing Form 1023 with the IRS and appropriate state forms
  • Annual IRS Information Form 990, 990EZ or 990N and appropriate state forms
  • Consultation by phone or e-mail on nonprofit incorporation, tax exemption, boards, bylaws, budgets

At this time I am focusing my nonprofit services to work with homeschool organizations and local (Cincinnati) charities with whom I feel an affinity.
If you are not a homeschool organization or a local Cincinnati nonprofit, I encourage you to seek help from a local CPA  firm that specializes in nonprofit organizations.


I charge an hourly rate of $60 for consulting with a nonprofit organization by phone or in person.

Other fees include:

  • 501c3 Application (Form 1023)   $600
  • Reinstatement of revoked tax exempt status. $200 -$600. Arrange a phone consultation first for an accurate quote.
  • Annual Tax Information Return for Tax Exempt Organizations
    • Form 990   $350-$500
    • Form 990EZ   $250
    • State Form preparation   $50

Homeschool Organizations

If you lead a homeschool organization, I have a website just for you!

It’s a place for homeschool leaders to get information from a homeschooling mother and CPA. At HomeschoolCPA you’ll find:

  • Articles
  • Ebooks on running a homeschool group
  • A newsletter for homeschool leaders
  • Questions and answers
  • Links and more….

all designed to help you start or run a homeschool organization better!