Are you are thinking of starting a nonprofit organization? Do you lead a small nonprofit and are considering applying for tax exempt status with the IRS?
Perhaps you have questions and need some advice from an expert in helping small and new nonprofits get established.
“I have been praying to find someone like you for two years!”
– Ethan P., President and founder of Access Audio, a newly formed 501(c)(3) organization
- 501(c)(3) Status: Do You Need It?
- 501(c)(3) Status: What Does It Mean?
- 501(c)(3) Status: Are You Ready?
- How to Become a Recognized Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Incorporation: Do You Need It?
- Choosing a Leadership Team
- Checklist for 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Application
I enjoy consulting with small nonprofits that are just starting out. We can discuss the following:
- The pros and cons of tax exempt status for your organization
- Should your organization consider nonprofit incorporation?
- IRS and state reporting requirements
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- Employees, independent contractors and volunteers
- Establishing a board, budget and bylaws
- 501(c) tax exempt application: Filing Form 1023, 1023-EZ or 1024 with the IRS and appropriate state forms
- Reinstate tax exempt status for organizations who have had their status automatically revoked.
- Annual IRS Information Form 990, 990EZ or 990N and appropriate state forms
- Set up bookkeeping in Quickbooks
- Consultation by phone or e-mail on nonprofit incorporation, tax exemption, boards, bylaws, budgets
At this time I am focusing my nonprofit services to work with homeschool organizations and local (Cincinnati) charities with whom I feel an affinity.
If you are not a homeschool organization or a local Cincinnati nonprofit, I encourage you to seek help from a local CPA firm that specializes in nonprofit organizations.
Consulting with a nonprofit organization by phone or in person. $60/hour. Prorated for partial hour.
Quickbooks setup and training. $60/hour in person or by phone.
Other fees include:
- 501c3 Application. Form 1023: $750 Form 1023-EZ: $250
- Reinstate revoked tax exempt status: hourly rate approximately 3-6 hours
- Annual Tax Information Return for Tax Exempt Organizations
- Form 990 $600-$750
- Form 990EZ $400
- State Form preparation $50
Contact me at Carol@CarolToppCPA.com to arrange a consultation for one of my services.
If you lead a homeschool organization, please visit my website HomeschoolCPA for articles, information and resources for all nonprofit organizations and homeschool organizations in particular.